Location & Directions Details of our superb location and how to get here.
South East France
Getting Here - Nearest Airports
The nearest airports are
- Nice Cote d'Azur. Approximately 1hr 40 mins drive away.
- Marseille Provence. Approximately 2hrs 40 mins drive away.
- Lyon. Approximately 4hrs drive away.
Each have good car hire options or contact us if you want to arrange a transfer. For driving directions see the panel to the right.
Alternatives for transfer from Nice Airport include:
- The Chemin de Fer de Provence is a private train line that runs from the centre of Nice (bus or taxi transfer required) right into St Andre les Alpes on route to Digne les Bains. Timetable available here. Call us to arrange a taxi or transfer from St Andre to Chateau de Meouilles.
- There is a daily bus from Nice airport to Gap (LER 21) leaving from terminal 1 at 3pm Mon-Sat which takes 1hr 50 mins. The nearest stop is Barreme, about 15 minutes away. Call us to arrange a taxi or transfer from Barreme to Chateau de Meouilles (15km).
In the Alpes de
Getting Here By Car
If you are driving from Nice airport follow signs for "Digne le Bains" and travel by the N202 to St Andre les Alpes. (1hr 40mins drive)
If you are driving from Marseille airport follow signs for "Gap" and take the A51/E712 north east. Exit off junction 20 and follow the N85 past Digne le Bains, onto Barreme (turn left) and take the N202 onto St Andre-les-Alpes. (2hrs 40mins drive)
If you are driving from Calais or Dunkerque, take the autoroutes all the way via Lille, Reims and Lyon to Grenoble. Follow signs for "Sisteron" starting initially on the A51N (autoroute de Trieves) and then continue on the pretty D1075. After Sisteron continue for about 12 km to Chateau-Arnoux-St-Auban where you turn left onto the N85 to Digne les Bains, Barreme and onto St-Andre-les-Alpes. (3hrs driving time from Grenoble).
St Andre les Alpes
Chateau de Meouilles Location
The chateau is located in the tiny hamlet of Meouilles just 2km SE of Saint Andre les Alpes in department 04 the Alpes de Haute Provence in the region Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur.
It is in a beautiful rural location in a prominant hill top position over looking the town, the lake and surrounded by mountain views.
It is a pleasant 20 minute walk into town from the chateau.
For driving directions see below.
Directions from St Andre les Alpes to Chateau de Meouilles
- Heading from Nice turn right just before the supermarket (U Express). Or heading from Digne/ town turn left just after the supermarket.
- Go SE towards the river Verdon.
- Go past the paragliding school - Aerogliss
- Go past D.I.R (maintenance depot)
- Follow the road around to the right to a large car park and take the 2nd road on the left.
- Cross the little iron bridge over the River Verdon
- Continue for 1.2 km to the large green gates
- Drive through the green gates and up the steep drive (first gear recommended) to Chateau de Meouilles.